8.07.2015

+thoughts


7:53pm


Last Dinosaurs - Honolulu
(Song chosen by Chelsea Chan)


It has been a week since architecture school started again for another semester. I've nearly filled a sketch book with paint, stuck on papers, sketches and ideas; it is a reflection of my every thought and a skill I've improved and am still improving in. 

Thinking out loud, before I started architecture school, was meet with an eye roll. I remember going through high school with friends occasionally forced to listen to my complaining and repetitive description of events both past and present. I think too much and plan too far ahead. In saying this, my essays and reports as a high school student greatly reflected my constant speculation and I'd like to share a portion of these with my dear reader, you. 

While cleaning out my old laptop, I found a bunch of old essays; so old I don't remember when or why I wrote them. My grammar in high school was less then adequate, arguably still needs improving to this day, so I've edited the following excerpt. I've decided to only share a small paragraph so I shan't bore you. 


I find if you think too much you never find the answer. Life is easy and simple and so the answers to life must be just as plain. But some answers are a little harder to find. Like how would you describe a person? Am I a person? Am I even real? Well, I would describe a person as a being that is capable of free will and has morals and virtues. Do I have free will? Can I choose my own path? This is not clear to say, because many aspects of my life control my decisions. But I can say that I do have morals and thus I have virtues and in saying this, the decisions I make are good and right and I am confident that when I do choose and when I do accept responsibility, it is with goodness.




No comments:

Post a Comment