7.11.2015

+superpowers


10:59pm



Gabriela Gunčíková - The Pretender (Foo Fighters)
(Song chosen by Tom Allan)



I recently went to see Inside Out with my friend for her birthday. You'll be happy to hear I won't provide you, Dear Reader, with gory details of our crying spell throughout the feature, although I can express to you my complete admiration for the director, writer and crew. My gratitude to have viewed this masterpiece is endless.


This leads me to ponder, have you, yes you person who is reading this, ever wondered what someone is thinking? We’ve seen movies with protagonists reading minds of others and we’ve seen the consequences, but as my friends know I am stubborn and I wish to read minds.
Google knows what people think.

When you are alone with no head peering over your shoulder, you search for answers, for questions, for cat videos. Google can decipher what you are thinking. The words that you keep in your mind are then typed up by your lone self and searched when you hit enter. Google has made a list of most searched words. I have this list in front of me.
I told you I shall read minds.


Let’s see. Most searched word. 2015. “Facebook” is at the top. 2004. “Free” is at the top. Okay, what encrypted secret thoughts you lot have.

Let me try to decipher this information. You are social creatures who need to be cared for and respected and loved and admired. Therefore a website such as Facebook can give you an exclusive social circle. One that makes your peers at school envious of your ever growing friends’ list that exceeds one thousand (all but 25 of which you have never spoken to in person.)


Comparing this to the past, this is a good leap forward. We have moved from our constant desire for free products which are of course illegally free. An oxymoron if ever I heard one; you are free yet not free since you are illegal. We are numbed by the ease of “free” products that we forget the people who make, design and sell.


This is all revolutionary to my mind reading skills, but of course I haven’t read your mind yet.
I hope I won’t start reading brain cells when my superpower comes after these words I type are posted and long forgotten. When there is no use for them anymore. So, my loyal reader, look at the people around you and tell them, instead of waiting for powers to be rendered out of silence, speak.


I shall leave you with a quote from the article: Become an Architect!


          "A great architect will be a visionary; an artist with the highest technical knowledge and understanding of how structures work, and why. Using this, a great architect will sculpt forms and matter around space, or vice versa.That great architect will be conscious of the end user, the neighbour, the geographic location, the culture, the economics, the politics, the environment, the weather, the light, the textures, the sound, the smell and the sight. Just that. Easy."


No comments:

Post a Comment